Donations to our Mission Partners Saturday February 12, 2022 9:30am-11:30am
Our next regular donation collection for our Community of Givers ministry will be on Saturday, February 12th from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. It will be held inside Fellowship Hall. Please wear a mask.
The Mission Committee warmly thanks all of you who dropped off donated items in support of the work by our local community partners in this time of need. Your love, generosity and support is greatly appreciated.
In this uncertain time, the Mission Committee of St. Francis would like to offer opportunities for those who want to help others in some way. St. Francis has three Mission Partners: Abby’s House, the Mustard Seed and Dismas Family Farm. We also partner with our good friend, the Rev. Meredyth Ward at Walking Together and the Wachusett Food Pantry. These organizations continue to serve their respective populations without their usual volunteers who are now sheltering in place. New financial challenges have been one result of having no
volunteers who have donated their time, food or other help in the past.
In accordance with government regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone who will be dropping off donations must follow these rules:
- Do not drop off items if you or someone with whom you have been in contact has
experienced any symptoms associated with the virus within the past 14 days.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Wash your hands either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol at home upon returning from dropping off your donated
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
We have asked the organizations what they need:
- Olive Oil
-Canned tomato products
-Low sodium chicken and vegetable broth
- 9 x 13 disposable pans
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Clorox in any form
- Cleaning products of any kind
- Hand sanitizer
- grocery cards (Walmart works well for them)
- Paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, tissues)
- canned Tuna or Chicken
- canned fruit
- granola bars
-Dinty Moore Beef Stew
- SPECIAL REQUEST: Gently used backpacks are needed so that the homeless community can carry blankets in the cold winter months.
- Canned Tuna
- hand warmers
- winter gloves
- winter hats in dark, neutral colors
- lip balm
- hand lotion
Local Food Pantry:
- Instant coffee or tea
- Canned protein sources (chicken, baked beans)
- 100% Juice (concentrate preferred)
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned soup
- Spaghetti sauce
- Peanut butter
- Cereal and oatmeal
- Mac ‘n cheese
- Individually packaged snacks for children
- Side dishes such as rice, pasta dishes, hamburger helper and potato sides
- Personal care (soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
- Paper products (toilet paper, tissues)
- Dog and/or cat food
If you would rather make a financial contribution, we ask that you do so directly to the organization. Addresses for each:
Abby's House Walking Together
52 High Street made out to ‘Walking Together’
Worcester, MA 01609 Diocese of Western Massachusetts
37 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01103
Dismas House The Mustard Seed
Post Office 30125 PO Box 2592
Worcester, MA 01603 Worcester, MA 01613
Memo line: Dismas Farm