- St. Francis Holden Church
Donations to our Mission Partners Saturday November 21 10am-12pm
Updated: Nov 18, 2020
Our next regular donation collection for our Community of Givers ministry will be on Saturday, November 21 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm in the church parking lot.
The Mission Committee warmly thanks all of you who dropped off donated items in support of the work by our local community partners in this time of need. Your love, generosity and support is greatly appreciated.
A member of the Mission Committee will collect any donations by the porch of St. Clare House. For more detailed information and a list of items needed by each of our community partners, please read the announcement below.
In this uncertain time, the Mission Committee of St. Francis would like to offer opportunities for those who want to help others in some way. St. Francis has three Mission Partners: Abby’s House, the Mustard Seed and Dismas Family Farm. We also partner with our good friend, the Rev. Meredyth Ward at Walking Together and the Wachusett Food Pantry. These organizations continue to serve their respective populations without their usual volunteers who are now sheltering in place. New financial challenges have been one result of having no
volunteers who have donated their time, food or other help in the past.
A member of our Mission Committee will be in the parking lot near St. Clare House Saturday mornings from 10am -12pm on the date listed above. In order to keep everyone safe, they will stay nearby in their car. There will be clearly labeled receptacles – one for each mission
partner. Please place your items in the bin with minimal touching.
In accordance with government regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone who will be dropping off donations must follow these rules:
- Do not drop off items if you or someone with whom you have been in contact has
experienced any symptoms associated with the virus within the past 14 days.
- Clean and disinfect the items prior to dropping them off in the bins at St. Clare House.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Wash your hands either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol at home upon returning from dropping off your donated
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
We have asked the organizations what they need:
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Clorox in any form.
- Cleaning products of any kind.
- Hand sanitizer
- grocery cards (Walmart works well for them)
- Paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, tissues)
For their Food Pantry (which helps their neighbors feed their family/children)
- tuna, canned meat, pasta sauce, pasta, peanut butter and cereal(nothing sugary).
- Gently used blankets or sleeping bags
- Men’s winter gloves for the upcoming cold weather. When selecting the size of the gloves, please note that “one size fits all” is often not big enough for men.
- Disposable vinyl gloves (any size)
- Snacks (individually wrapped: hard candies, Cheez-Its, peanut butter crackers, applesauce cup with plastic spoon, Cheetos, Fritos, BelVita (soft baked) breakfast biscuit, beef jerky
Local Food Pantry:
- Canned protein sources (chicken, baked beans)
- 100% Juice (concentrate preferred)
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned soup
- Spaghetti sauce
- Peanut butter
- Cereal and oatmeal
- Mac ‘n cheese
- Individually packaged snacks for children
- Side dishes such as rice, pasta dishes, hamburger helper and potato sides
- Personal care (soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
- Paper products (toilet paper, tissues)
- Dog and/or cat food
If you would rather make a financial contribution, we ask that you do so directly to the organization. Addresses for each:
Abby's House Walking Together
52 High Street made out to ‘Walking Together’
Worcester, MA 01609 Diocese of Western Massachusetts
37 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01103
Dismas House The Mustard Seed
Post Office 30125 PO Box 2592
Worcester, MA 01603 Worcester, MA 01613
Memo line: Dismas Farm