- St. Francis Holden Church
Donations to our Mission Partners Saturday October 9, 2021 9:30am-11:30am
Our next regular donation collection for our Community of Givers ministry will be on Saturday, October 9th from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. It will be held outside in the parking lot or inside Fellowship Hall depending on the weather. If inside, COVID protocols will be followed and you are asked to knock on the door to Fellowship Hall and wait to be admitted. At this time the same items are needed for the various groups that we support.
The Mission Committee warmly thanks all of you who dropped off donated items in support of the work by our local community partners in this time of need. Your love, generosity and support is greatly appreciated.
In this uncertain time, the Mission Committee of St. Francis would like to offer opportunities for those who want to help others in some way. St. Francis has three Mission Partners: Abby’s House, the Mustard Seed and Dismas Family Farm. We also partner with our good friend, the Rev. Meredyth Ward at Walking Together and the Wachusett Food Pantry. These organizations continue to serve their respective populations without their usual volunteers who are now sheltering in place. New financial challenges have been one result of having no
volunteers who have donated their time, food or other help in the past.
In accordance with government regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone who will be dropping off donations must follow these rules:
- Do not drop off items if you or someone with whom you have been in contact has
experienced any symptoms associated with the virus within the past 14 days.
- Clean and disinfect the items prior to dropping them off in the bins at St. Clare House.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Wash your hands either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol at home upon returning from dropping off your donated
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
We have asked the organizations what they need:
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Clorox in any form
- Cleaning products of any kind
- Hand sanitizer
- grocery cards (Walmart works well for them)
- Paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, tissues)
- canned Tuna
- black/kidney beans
- granola bars
- shaving cream
- Canned Vegetables and Peanut Butter
- small water bottles
- juice boxes
- portable protein snacks
- small personal hygiene items
- sunscreen and bug spray
Local Food Pantry:
- Instant coffee or tea
- Canned protein sources (chicken, baked beans)
- 100% Juice (concentrate preferred)
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned soup
- Spaghetti sauce
- Peanut butter
- Cereal and oatmeal
- Mac ‘n cheese
- Individually packaged snacks for children
- Side dishes such as rice, pasta dishes, hamburger helper and potato sides
- Personal care (soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
- Paper products (toilet paper, tissues)
- Dog and/or cat food
If you would rather make a financial contribution, we ask that you do so directly to the organization. Addresses for each:
Abby's House Walking Together
52 High Street made out to ‘Walking Together’
Worcester, MA 01609 Diocese of Western Massachusetts
37 Chestnut Street
Springfield, MA 01103
Dismas House The Mustard Seed
Post Office 30125 PO Box 2592
Worcester, MA 01603 Worcester, MA 01613
Memo line: Dismas Farm